Alkaline Water and Your Colon
ALKALINE WATER AND YOUR COLON
Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer diagnosed in both men and women in the United States. Here are the 2013 estimates for the number of colorectal cancer cases in the United States for 2013 from the American Cancer Society:
• 102,480 new cases of colon cancer
• 40,340 new cases of rectal cancer
Lower your risk!
You can lower your risk of these types of cancers by taking the following steps to manage the risk factors you can control:
• Increase the intensity and amount of physical activity you get every day.
• Limit your intake of red meat and processed foods.
• Get the recommended levels of calcium (1,000 mg) and vitamin D (1,000 IU).
• Eat more fruit and vegetables.
• Avoid excessive alcohol use.
• Limit your exposure to harmful chemicals.
Warning! Chlorine in drinking water has been linked to colon cancer!
One study suggests that exposure to chlorination by-products in drinking water is associated with an increased risk of colon cancer.
How can alkaline water keep your colon healthy?
Alkaline water helps flush toxins out of your body. Water from a water ionizer machine is filtered and pure. A quality filter in a water ionizer machine will remove 99 percent of chlorine from tap water. The high antioxidant levels in ionized water battle the free radicals in your body. The alkaline pH of the water neutralizes acidity and removes toxic waste. Alkaline water creates an alkaline environment in your body, making disease unable to thrive.
What positive side effects have you experienced from drinking alkaline water?